WGEA Employer of Choice for Gender Equality
For the fourth consecutive year, Konica Minolta Australia has received the 2019-20 Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (EOCGE) citation in recognition of its continuing and unwavering commitment to gender equality in the workplace.
The WGEA EOCGE citation is designed to encourage, recognise and promote active commitment to achieving gender equality in Australian workplaces. Konica Minolta has been actively working to create a diverse and inclusive workplace for many years and recently released its 2019 Gender Equality Strategy, which states the following goals:
• creating an organisational culture and a working environment that is inclusive and fair to both women and men
• improving the representation of women in leadership and management positions
• improving gender balance across the organisation and the representation of women and men in job categories with greater than 40 per cent representation
• removing gender pay gaps
• providing a flexible and supportive workplace for all employees at all levels, including those with caring responsibilities.
Further, Konica Minolta has a number of key policies supporting gender equality and diversity in the workplace, which also supports the citation:
• Domestic and Family Violence Support Policy, which provides comprehensive paid leave, flexible working arrangements and employee assistance programs for employees who are affected by a family or domestic violence situation.
• Workplace Flexibility Policy to help balance work and other responsibilities to achieve an effective work-life balance.
• Parental Leave Policy, which provides 12 weeks for both parents and can be taken at any time in the first three years.