Working with our Suppliers
Konica Minolta recognises it has an important role to play in ensuring the rights of those in our business operation and supply chains are upheld and respected. For this reason we are committed to working with our suppliers and other stakeholders to ensure we have a positive social impact on those within our sphere of influence.
- December 14, 2018: Konica Minolta receives the 2018 Human Rights Award for Business from the Australian Rights Commission for showing leadership in the people-centred policies that promote human rights in its business and supply chain.
- November 2017: Konica Minolta Received an Anti-Slavery Australia Freedom Award in recognition of its commitment to helping combat exploitation through corporate social responsibility (CSR) and ethical sourcing.
- April 2017: Konica Minolta provided a Submission to the Australian Government enquiry into Establishing a Modern Slavery Act in Australia, and presented at a public hearing in Canberra.
- December 2016: We released our Human Rights Position Statement which draws together Konica Minolta’s approach to three main areas of human rights: diversity and inclusion; ethical sourcing; and strong partnerships with human rights organisations.
- August 2016: Konica Minolta Australia created a Supplier Code of Conduct for our local operations.
- April 2016: We released our Ethical Sourcing Roadmap which describes the measures we’re taking locally to ensure that slavery or inequitable employment practices play no part in our business operations.
- February 2016: Konica Minolta Australia became the first technology company to join the United Nations Global Compact Network Australia and is an active member on issues of human rights in supply chains and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Konica Minolta Inc, our parent company, also acknowledges the risk of conflict minerals in its supply chain and has accordingly developed a Conflict Minerals Policy Statement; and
The Group regularly reports on efforts as they relate to environmental, social and corporate governance. General standard disclosures against the Global Report Initiatives GRI 4 guidelines can be found here.
More information about Konica Minolta’s approach to Responsible Supply Chain Management can be found in our latest CSR report.
Ethical Sourcing Roadmap
Konica Minolta Australia’s strategy to cascade global commitments and address human rights risks in local operations is presented as our Ethical Sourcing Roadmap. The Roadmap is an 18 month-plan shaped by 5 goals and 40 activities to ensure the correct policies and procedures are embedded in our business operations and supply chains.
We appreciate that sum of our parts is greater than individual effort so will collaborate in partnership with our suppliers and industry bodies to embed ethical sourcing policies in practice.
Tracking Roadmap Implementation